Thursday, April 15, 2010

God's Final Call

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores. And desiring to be fed the crumbs which fell from the rich mans table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried: And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torment and seeth Abraham afar off and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried out and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue: for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember thou in thy lifetime received good things, but he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this , between us and you there is a great gulf fix: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot: neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou would send him to my fathers house. For I have five brethren: that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets: let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Luke 16,19-31
This message has been on my mind all week, yet something has happened that differed me away from it. Each time I attempted to write it, it never failed, something came. God has laid this story on my heart and when this happens, there is someone that needs to hear it. Maybe you have heard it before, but not quite taken it to heart. My own heart, hearing it for years, just heard it and that was all. But even now, just writing it brings tears to my eyes, as well as my heart.

So many people today are a picture of that story. Living our life with all the riches this world has to offer and yet, it never satisfies the soul. Sure, things this world places before our eyes are dazzling it seems. But that's the way Satan wants it to appear. His time is short and he knows this. The Bible says, He walks around this earth, seeking whom he may devour. And sometimes it seems, he is right at our front door.

Just as Lazarus, Christ so much wants to come into our house, which is our soul. And the door to our house is our hearts. We get so blinded today by things that are pleasing, but they only last a short while. Time with God is not. He says our life is as a vapor, it appears for a short while then vanishes away. But you know what? Hell is for eternity. Today, the rich man is still in hell crying out to Abraham to please send someone to come and but touch the tip of his tongue with water, but his cry is going unheard.

God didn't intend for anyone to go to this place. He sent His only Son , JESUS CHRIST so we wouldn't have to. Its a free gift, nothing you have to purchase with money. Its nothing you have to work for, its free.Yet so many people today feel they have to earn it, or do certain things to obtain this gift of life. This is a way Satan deceives so many today.

I don't say these words today out of anger, nor am I judging anyone. I say what I have out of love. I am, by no means, better than anyone else. I am only a sinner saved by Gods grace.

I feel lead Of God to have shared this story today with you. You see, Jesus is returning just as He left. He tells us this in John 14:2-3,

In my Fathers house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

This is a promise He has given us. And my friends, his coming is very soon.

In Titus 3:5-6, He tells us, Not by works of righteousness which we have, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; [6] Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior.

I have had a little difficulty even this morning getting this devotion to you. And believe me, it was no accident. God is there next to you this morning, and I know in my heart He has lead me through this devotion to present to you. With love, I want you to know, just as God is real and he does so love us. Jesus died on the cross so we could all have a place with Him in heaven. But just as the rich man, the choice is ours. Will we accept this gift, Jesus, God's son or will we reject Him just as the rich man.

Matthew 7;13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat; Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment